Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wrapping It All Up!

It's my last week here and to make things worse... it's finals week. Of course, this is actually not that much of a bother, considering I'm pretty well prepared and my classes end early, but still, it would be nice to enjoy my last week in Sevilla worry free. Regardless, I've dedicated this week to visiting places in the city that I've failed to do so far and really soaking in as much of the culture until I have to leave.

I've already started to feel sad about leaving and missing so much. My host mom even drops playful hints about how lonely she will be and how much she will miss us. It's making it all the while harder to start packing and preparing to leave. To make things worse, the local airlines are scheduled to have a protest that could delay flights to Madrid, where I'm supposed to catch a second flight back to the U.S. To say the least, this has been a stressful week and will probably only get more complicated.

Update: I'm actually catching a bus to Madrid as to avoid any airline inconveniences, so I'm set on that. I also finished up all my finals with relative ease. Finals are pretty similar to those back in the United States. You have designated time and room where you have to take your finals, but nothing too hard.

Anyways, the university has set up a going away event at a local tavern where all the students and professors will be able to celebrate a successful semester completed and enjoy each others company before leaving. I'm excited to go and say my goodbyes, but it will be bitter sweet. My bus leaves from Sevilla at 11:00 p.m on Thursday, and I should be in Oklahoma City by 8:00 p.m. on Friday! I'm actually not looking forward to the long flight, but I'm so eager to get home!

Finally, I'll leave you with a few pictures and a quote that means a lot to me:

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)











































No comments:

Post a Comment