Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Scholarships and other Resources

If you've been following my blog, or just so happen to stumble upon this entry then you'll find a couple of resources for choosing the right study abroad program and ideas on how to fund your trip.

First if all, your college or university is a great resource! My university has a study abroad office where I was able to meet with an adviser and receive information on scholarships. To begin with, you should check your options when it comes to study abroad programs. My program is International Studies Abroad, or ISA, but there are many more with different features and costs.

Here is a list of a few, but a Google search should present plenty:

www.ciee.org/

Another important thing to note is whether your school has an affiliation with a certain program. This is important to remember, because affiliations can lead to discounts and much more. In my case, I was able to save $200 by choosing ISA. Aside from this, you may also consider other things such as price, where your friends are going, your major, required classes and much more, but in my opinion, just go for what feels right and go all out!

Paying for my trip was also a big concern for me, but my adviser was able to direct me to scholarship such as the, Gilman Scholarship, and much more. Many of these scholarship require a short essay to be written about your self and how studying abroad could change your life. All in all, nothing to complicated. Just remember that you also have resources such as professor, for recommendation letters, and school officials for counseling and advice.

Here's a list of a few scholarships, but, again, a quick Google search will display much more:


Plus, a few more links for help on decision making.




No comments:

Post a Comment