Friday, October 12, 2012

Watch a Sunrise at Least Once a Day

Watch a Sunrise at Least Once a Day- Phil Dunphy (Modern Family)- Regardless of how much sense this statement actually makes, it reminds me to value the little things.

I really want to dedicate this post to enjoying the simple stuff in life, and how that sort of mental attitude can make or break your study abroad trip. It's really easy for us, as United States citizens, to grow accustomed to things such as long showers and being able to leave all sorts of lights on at home, but that is simply not the case in Sevilla.


Electricity is pretty expensive and people limit their shower times to under 10 minutes. It's a different way of living, but enjoyable if you can let go of some unnecessary tendencies. It's really easy when you just laugh things off. Take for example, my bed.


On a side note, I'd argue that the test of a person's manliness can be determined from his comfort level in a girls bed. Am I right? ;) 


Pretty girly, if you ask me, and I'm sure there will be those people who make fun of me for it, but such is life. My host mom raised three girls, so assuming she would have boys bed sheets (or even some pretty cool spider-man ones) isn't reasonable. In all honesty, these sheets are pretty comfortable and keep me warm at night; and if that's their sole purpose, then why should I complain?

All jokes aside, I'm pretty content with my home stay, and really have a great host mom.

Breakfast is also pretty plain. Some toast and coffee is about it, but they definitely make up for it with lunch and dinner (I'll post pictures of both later.)

It's also been a while since I last posted anything, but I've been up to quite a bit. I visited the city of Rhonda, home of the world's oldest bullfighting ring and one of the most amazing bridges I've ever seen.

Bullfighting Ring




Puente Nuevo (even though it's 400 years old)

There was a pretty cool hiking trail you could take to the base of the bridge.






I saw this while exploring Rhonda. Don't forget to vote!

I found these at the American booth at the Festival of Nations. #merica



No comments:

Post a Comment